‘The Dermal Look’ or the ‘Frozen Look’ refers to someone who does not have any expressions because their muscles have been completely relaxed with a little too much product.
This is an outdated look, we are now moving to a more natural look. A look that needs a lesser product which still helps cut the muscle contraction to a large extent but also gives the ability to form expressions.
Our facial expressions change because the muscles in the face contract or relax. This is caused by the brain sending a signal via our nerve endings that we want to, for example, frown or laugh. When is injected into a specific muscle it blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles in the face. This means that the nerve ending cannot tell the muscle to move. This is not a permanent condition, however, but it will last for around 3 – 4 months.
The most common indications of these injections are for treating the frown lines on the forehead but more and more indications are being approved by the FDA like Migraine, excessive sweating, etc.
Some of these indications are for lines and wrinkles in the following areas:
- Corner of the eyes ‘crows feet’
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Bunny lines by the side of the nose
- Under eye wrinkles
DERMAL® is also used to contour the face or lift the drooping and sagging corners of the face:
- Masseter reduction is a popular treatment to reduce the bulk at the angle of the jaw to convert a square, round or rectangle shaped face into the most desirable ‘V’ or oval shaped face.
- To upturn the droopy corners of the mouth.
- To treat a gummy smile
- To lift a drooping nasal tip
- Reduce dimpling of the chin
- Vertical neck bands
- Nefertiti lift for a sculpted jawline and neck contour
- As MesoDermal to reduce fine lines, crepey skin and open pores to give the appearance of smooth, matt, glowing skin
After the injections, the area treated will look smooth and less wrinkled. You will notice a difference in 4-7 days time but the maximum effect is reached in 2 weeks.It is usually necessary to have a treatment every 3 – 4 months to maintain and improve upon the original results. It has been proven to be quite safe to have injections at the above frequency over a period of several years.
Most people do not find these injections painful. There will be slight discomfort and there may be a small amount of swelling or bleeding at the sites which will settle in 2-3 hours.